Wednesday 2 November 2016

Her Hopes and Dreams (Ardent Springs #4)

Her Hopes and Dreams


(This review is based on the ARC provided by the publisher via Net Galley)

This is the fourth book in the Ardent Springs series, but it is the first book in that I have read in the series so I don't know if that might have affected my review. Once I started reading the book and found out that the female protagonist Carrie cheated on her husband I was just unable to get over it as I am totally against cheating, this in turn negatively affected the way I saw the book and characters. This is my personal hangup and not the book or the authors fault. The writing in the book was good and I enjoyed the dual point of view style because it helped the reader understand both characters. I enjoyed the story of overcoming PTSD as well as helping women in abusive marriages. At some points I did find Noah's character one dimensional and wished there was more depth, however I loved the secondary characters of all Carrie's friends because they were fun and added a lightness to the book that was much needed. The romance and chemistry was average and nothing special and left me wanting for something more. I do look foward to reading the previous books because I enjoyed those characters in this book.

Rating: 2.5/5


Plot

Carrie Farmer is a single mother who has just come out of an abusive marriage after her husband died and now she is not willing to date again. That is until she meets her gorgeous neighbour Noah's Winchester, who happens to be a friend of her dead husband.

Noah's Winchester, is a returning soldier, suffering from PTSD, who has returned home to relax and try to get away from his demons. This all changes when he meets Carrie and her adorable daughter.

Will Noah's and Carrie be able to get over their demons in order to have a chance at true love?

No comments:

Post a Comment