Monday 6 February 2017

One to Hold (One to Hold #1)

One to Hold



A short, sweet and sexy romance that will leave you wanting more after the last page. I had a feeling that I had this book before, but I could not quite remember, so I decided I have nothing to lose only a good story to gain. This was a great book with a touch of drama which I generally crave for in books. Melissa's character was brilliant because she was strong and independent as well as willing to learn from her mistakes and take control of her life, which is something I really admired about her. On the other hand I loved the strong alpha male characteristics of Derek, but I hated that he was lying to Melissa and also the fact that he knew Melissa was still married and still chased after her. I also enjoyed the secondary characters because they were well conceived and added to the content of the book. I really enjoyed Tia's style of writing because she made you feel the emotions that Melissa was going through, however I would have liked the book to be a bit longer and I would have also loved to see the book from a dual point of view as it would have enabled the reader to understand what was going through Derek's mind. The chemistry between Melissa and Derek was outstanding and I loved how they could not stay away from each other.. I really enjoyed this book and I am definitely going to be reading the rest of the series.

Rating: 4/5


Plot

Melissa Jones, is at a spa retreat with her best friend, trying to escape her past when she meets Derek Alexander, an ex marine and cop. The chemistry between the both of them is irresistible and they are unable to keep their hands off each other which then leads to them having a 'one week stand'. Melissa is doing everything she can to let go of her past and Derek will do everything in his power to hold onto her 

No comments:

Post a Comment