Wednesday 21 February 2018

Lucky Charm (Lucky #1)

Lucky Charm



I am a huge fan of Carly Phillips, so whenever I find her books free on Amazon it becomes a must read for me, however this book kind if disappointed me because it did not have the makings of a Carly Phillips novel. Generally Carly's male lead characters, which are my favorite part of her books, are possessive alpha males who love protecting and fighting for the women they love, but Derek's character was meek. He had just accepted the hand fate had dealt him as well as he was to afraid to fight for the women he loved and this completed annoyed me because this book deprived me of the dreamy book boyfriend that I find synonymous with Carly's books. Gabrielle's character was a strong independent women who was not afraid to stand up to her enemies or to fight for the man she loved and I really enjoyed her brave spirit. The chemistry between Derek and Gabrielle was good, but not the steamy explosive chemistry that is always a part of Carly's book. Do not get me wrong and think this is a bad book because Carly Phillips writing was once again flawless and phenomenal, but it was just not what I have come to expect from her book. I also felt that there could have been more drama and the whole family curse was a bit far fetched, but overall this is a good book by a great author that is just a bit different than your normal Carly Phillips book.

Rating: 3/5


Plot

Long ago, a witch had cursed bestowed a curse that stated every Corwin male that married for love would be destined to lose his love and his fortune.

Derek assumed that he could beat the curse by breaking up with the only woman he loved - Gabrielle and by marrying someone else. Now divorced and broke, he only has his daughter Holly and respect for the ancient curse. However, Gabrielle decides to return and she is determined to break the curse and rekindle their love. Will her unbreakable love and stubborn streak be the lucky charm Derek needs to break the curse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment