Friday 19 August 2016

Just Married

Just Married


(This review is based on the ARC provided by the publisher via Net Galley)

This was my first time reading a book by Jenna Bayley-Burke and I have to say that I loved the book so much that I could not put it down.  Jenna had written the characters of Cal and  Miranda so brilliantly that they managed to bring the emotions in the book to life. I enjoyed seeing the journey of Cal and Miranda from being single adults to becoming mature parents. The writing in the book was flawless and I personally enjoyed the dual point of views in the book because it gave the book the depth that was needed. My favourite part of the story was the burning chemistry between Cal and Miranda as well as I really enjoyed Cal's  bossing behaviour because I am a suckered for alpha males. The only downfall in the book was that I felt the story was dragged in the middle and rushed at the end. This book has officially made me a fan of Jenna Bayley-Burke and I cannot wait to read her next book.

Rating: 4/5

Plot

Miranda and Cal have been friends with benefits for many years, therefore when Cal phones to inform Miranda that he is getting married she is shocked. Miranda then decides to go to Las Vegas to stop Cal from making what she thinks is the biggest mistake of his life, little does she know that Cal's bride is no one other than her.

After a surprise wedding and a hot honeymoon Miranda and Cal return to their homes in different cities. Both Miranda and Cal are happy with their marriage of convience until Miranda finds out she is pregnant with twins.

All her life, Miranda, has wanted a family but she thought it could never happen due to fertility problems. Cal on the other hand never wanted kids due to his tough upbringing. Miranda has been in love with Cal but now with Cal not wanting children she has to choose between her family and the love of her life.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You welcome really looking forward to reading more books by you

      Delete
    2. You welcome really looking forward to reading more books by you

      Delete