Friday 9 December 2016

Improper Conduct (Chicago Heat #2)

Improper Conduct


(This review is based on the ARC provided by the publisher via Net Galley)

This is the second book in the Chicago Heat series and thank god it can be read as a stand alone because I had not read the first book in the series. For me this was an average book which had its both ups and downs. It is the typical story of a rich girl and poor boy who fall in love and the parents and money come in between their relationship. It was my first time reading a book by Patricia Rosemoor and I found myself sometimes getting confused with the triple point of view writing style, which was a big downfall for me. The characters were kind of cliche and at many points in the book I found myself disliking Isabel's character because she was stuffy and judgmental. I liked Nick's character because he wanted to help those in need because he understood their circumstances. The chemistry and sex scenes were steaming hot and were well written. Overall there is nothing special about the book, its just a cliche love story from a different angle. 

Rating: 3/5


Plot

Nick Novak is surprised when his first love Isabel Grayson  suddenly shows up in his life many years after breaking his heart. Isabel now needs help finding her sister who has runaway from home, but Nick's help does not come cheap. Nick price is an affair with Iabel in the hope that he can get her out of his system.

As both Nick and Isabel go into the streets of Chicago in search of her sister, their attraction begins to take over and old secrets begin to reveal themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment