Monday 17 October 2016

Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty #1)

Filthy Rich


(This review is based on the ARC provided by the publisher via Net Galley)

This is the first book in the Blackstone Dynasty and my first Raine Miller book and I can already say that just after one book I have become a fan of Raine Miller. I have a soft spot for gorgeous alpha male billionaires, hence I fell in love with Caleb Blackstone. Brooke Casterly with her British accent and strong personality slowly crept her way into my heart and made me admire her strength to overcome a difficult past. Raine's writing style is brilliant and flawless and her secondary characters especially the Blackstone family were well conceived. The chemistry between Caleb and Brooke was hotter than a five star alarm and their sex scenes were so well written that it made me feel hot and bothered. I did feel that towards the middle of the book the story began to drag and I would have loved to see more drama from Caleb's mother, but nevertheless this was still a brilliant book. I can't wait to read the rest of the series as well as other Raine Miller books.

Rating: 4.5/5


Plot

Caleb Blackstone, a gorgeous billionaire, has everything money can buy, but when he sees Brooke Casterly he realizes she is the only woman for him and he must have her.

Brooke, an interior designer, is not looking for love because she has been burnt in the past as is well aware of the pain that it brought her. Caleb and Brooke intially start out with flirtation, but this quickly turns into an all consuming passion and Brooke realizes that Caleb's touch can help her heal.

Their past mistakes still follow them and Brooke realizes that maybe falling in love with Caleb might be more trouble than she can handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment